Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas swap sewing

I'm swap mama again for the MQG Ireland swap group, and we are in the middle of our Christmas swap. Swappers must make a table runner or table topper for their partner, as well as a little Christmas decoration.

I love taking part in swaps! This time around, having to go for surgery shortly after assigning swap partners was more than a little inconvenient, but being at home recovering has allowed me time to catch up a little, particularly as I decided to stick to hand piecing in the main for my design idea. Perfect for working on while sitting on the sofa taking it easy :-)


I played around with quite a few ideas before settling on the idea of a Christmas wreath made from hexies. And a little Christmas tree in the middle to finish it off :-) I really like how this is shaping up. I'm thinking 3 or 4 blocks side by side will look lovely.


After a bit of sewing this afternoon while rewatching The West Wing for the hundredth time, it's looking good so far. Next, it's back to basting the next lot of hexies for the 2nd wreath.

9 comments:

Judith, Belfast said...

These are adorable! Looking forward to seeing the finished project. Jxo

Catherine said...

Oh I love it!

Simone Harding said...

What a great idea

Di said...

You always come up with beautiful projects and this one is no exception. Di x

Katy Cameron said...

Cute idea! How are you feeling?

Leanne said...

This is such a cheerful project, I hope it is making you heal even faster. We adore The West Wing and have almost worn out the disks I am sure. We just started watching The Newsroom, and if you are a West Wing fan you will want to check it out.

Sarah said...

I love this idea. Can't wait to see how you finsh it and who gets it, of course!

cheeky monkey said...

This is really fun! so perfect for Christmas adding color. Love the snowman looking out :)

Nilya said...

so sweeet!